Every time they start earlier advertising campaigns as far as the big moments of sales are concerned: sales, back to school, Christmas… And the black friday it would not be less. This year, the September school clothing and materials campaign has not been alone: the black friday has decided to start almost three months before the date it will take place.
Companies have begun to advertise the different offers of this year since almost the end of the period of Summer Vacation. Thus, it can be deduced that the companies will give everything on one of the great dates of the year for the sector, next to Christmas. Also, the black friday It is the time of discounts that many consumers choose to overtake Santa Claus and the Magi before the most important days of the festivities arrive.
When is ‘Black Friday’ 2022? Key dates
Although more and more companies are announcing it and “warming up” for one of the great days of the year in terms of sales, the black friday (or Black Friday) of this 2022 will not be until next Friday November 25. That is, the day after the American holiday of Thanksgiving, and that this is linked to its origin and they are always on successive days.
More specifically, in 2021 the interest in the black friday reached up to 65% of consumers, 21% of those who participated in it in the year 2020, according to the Future Consumer Index report of the consulting firm EY collected by El País. It should also be taken into account that, in 2020, the economic crisis derived from confinement by the Covid-19 it was even more pressing.
Make the most of ‘Black Friday’
Financial uncertainty, rising costs and inflation will almost inevitably mark this sale date. According to a study conducted by Future Publishing, the 42% of consumers They expect brands to face this situation reducing prices in order to encourage sales.
On the other hand, one third of consumers highlight that it is very important for them to see their loyalty to the brand rewarded. This can be in the form of charitable donations or supporting different causes, for example. In addition, and although the economic context will mark this shopping day, according to the study, Americans will have budgets high to spend: an average of $574 for the black friday and 735 for Christmas gifts.
The leading role of sales will once again be technological products, especially televisions, smartphones and video games. Lastly, the online content wins and search opinions about products before buying them are gaining more and more ground: the 94% of those surveyed indicate that they will resort to this type of purchase to find the best prices, and the 40% that you will investigate before buying to see if it really is a good deal.
Discounts and offers for more and more time
Historically, the black friday It began being, as its name indicates, a black friday in which stores offer a large number of discounts during 24 hours. However, for a few years now, large franchises such as Amazon have managed to make this date so popular that even the they lengthen in time.
This “day” of discounts lasted, in 2021until 10 days in some stores. She started with the well-known campaigns with the slogan “previous discounts” and the cyber mondaythe name by which the Monday following the black friday. During this day the great discounts will be available only in the online stores. This year, therefore, the cyber monday will be the monday november 28and discounts will also be available throughout the day.
Due to these “prior discounts”, although the black friday of 2022 will not be until November 25, it is likely that sporadic discounts will appear or on selected products that are related to this campaign a few eight or ten days before, about him November 15.
These will apply above all large online sales platforms such as Amazon, El Corte Inglés and PC Componentes. In them there will be discounts until the day November 28when the cyber monday Put the finishing touch on one of the biggest sale marathons of the year.
Amazon’s best sellers on Black Friday 2021
- In the sector technological the POCO X3 Pro phone was one of the best-selling devices, according to a statement on the company’s corporate blog, only for 199 euros. A bargain considering that it is one of their flagship products. Also standing out in the tech world were the Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV Stick 4K Max for upgrading homes with innovation. In this department, Amazon also swept the Philips 14-in-1 trimmer and the FIFA 22 video game.
- In section sports smart bracelets triumphed. The Xiaomi Band 5 that calculates heart rate, body pressure and sleep, among other things, for just 20 euros, became one of the most desired since for that price it was a good cheap gift. Other options that were liked were the Garmin Fenix 6x Pro and the Garmin Forerunner 245.
- For the kitchen the most purchased were cleaning robots. In the top 3: iRobot Roomba 981 Wi-Fi robot vacuum cleaner and the Cecotec robot Vacuum cleaner and Conga floor cleaner (version 4690 and 1990). Air fryers were also all the rage in 2021. The most purchased were the Cosori 5.5L Oil-Free Fryer and the Cosori WiFi Hot Air Fryer.
- the products of beauty and self care Best sellers were epilators (the Braun Silk-expert Pro 5, Philips Lumea Advanced and Philips Lumea Prestige IPL versions), electric toothbrushes (the Oral-B PRO 3 and Oral-B PRO 2 CrossAction) and hair straighteners. the hair (professionals such as GHD Max and Remington Keratin Therapy Professional).
- As to toys Classics such as Nenuco (Always With Me, trolley case with wheels), Hot Wheels City (the track with toxic gorilla cars), Nancy (A day in California and A day making wicks) or Playmobil (Back to the Future) surprise.