Sometimes there is simply no time or desire to embark on a long and dramatic series. On the contrary, a comedy with short chapters is presented as a more than promising alternative to end the day with a smile (and not fall asleep trying).
With the above in mind, we review five productions available in Netflix that have in common humor and a format of chapters of between 20 and 30 minutes. In turn, they are proposals with different aesthetics and formats, so There is something for everyone.
5 comedies with short episodes
- Disenchantment (4 parts). The animated series created by Matt Groening (The Simpson), tells the misadventures of a peculiar trio made up of the hard-drinking and rebellious Princess Bean, her energetic partner Elf, and her personal demon Luci. Comedy and fantasy collide in this four-part fiction that spans places ranging from the depths of Hell to the highest in Heaven, including Ogroland, Steamland, underwater kingdoms, monasteries, asylums, the Enchanted Forest and much more.
- Magic for humans (3 seasons). In this reality comedy and magic Justin Willman combines tricks with adult jokes as he surprises people on the streets. He also presents more elaborate illusions on a stage prepared for the occasion. Justin ventures into professional wrestling, tricks a lie detector, and plays a fantasy magician who could convince anyone he’s real.
- Almost Happy (2 seasons). Created and starring sebastian wainraichalmost happy focuses on a radio host of medium fame who tries to find his place in the world, while looking for a way to relate to his ex-wife Pilar, with whom he is still in love, and their two children. In the second season, meanwhile, the Argentine series deepens the protagonist’s conflicts with all his ties: his ex, pregnant by another man; his sons, who grow up and face him; his coworkers, who respect him less and less; his brother, who questions every step he takes in life; and, above all things, with himself.
- Girlboss (13 episodes). The story centers on Sophia (Britt Robertson), a girl who starts out selling vintage clothes on eBay and at the age of 28 builds a multi-million dollar fashion empire. The series is inspired by the New York Times bestseller of the same name written by Sophia Amoruso, the founder of the clothing brand Nasty Gal.
- Community (6 seasons). Considered by many a cult series, Community is a comedy about a group of misfits who attend Greendale Community College. In the group stands out Jeff Winger, a charismatic and unscrupulous lawyer who had his university degree invalidated.