A few months ago the technology company LG announced that it was leaving the smartphone market, something that worldwide did not move the scale much but that in Argentina meant the departure of one of the main cell phone providers in the country (it had approximately one 17% of the market share).
This is how recently there has been a rearrangement of a sector that seeks to recover from the effects of the pandemic.
In this new context, the company Motorola occupies 90% of the business, while the remaining brands divide the remaining 10% between them.
Next, with the most popular brands and the most recognized cell phones in mind, we decided to analyze each of them (including the two most popular) to see which are the favorites of the Argentines.
Cryptocurrencies: 4 options to dollarize without limits or taxes
The second most popular brand is Motorola, which controls a 33% of the market Argentine approximately since the departure of LG. This company also has an assembly factory in Land of Fire, which allows you to have better prices in the local market.
As for the models it offers, it has four different ranges: the “Moto e“-seen as the most accessible of all and with an average price of $ 20,000-, the”Moto G“-seen as the midpoint and priced between $ 30,000 and $ 95,000- the”Edge“-seen as the premium with a minimum price of $ 100,000- and the”Razr“-which is a folding cell phone that is not available in the country lately-.
Government discounts on 4K TV, cell phones and notebooks: up to 50% and fees
Moving on to the most secondary brands on the market, which share the remaining 10%, we first find Manzana. The company that is one of the mobile telephony giants worldwide does not have much access to the national market because only comes through imports, something that raises the price of their cell phones a lot.
With this in mind, its main model currently is the iPhone 13, that in Argentina can only be found above US $ 1000 and can be worth more than US $ 3000 in some online stores.
They are also being sold since iPhone 12 to 8 but by not having official stores, it is difficult to find a uniform price for them.
One of the brands that has gained the most in the number of units sold in the country in recent times is Huawei, a company that is prohibited in the US due to its ties to the government of China but that in Argentina seems to have had a strong impact on the cell phone market.
Regarding the available models there are three ranges of this brand of Chinese origne: the “And Series“-seen as the accessible model and priced between $ 20,000 and $ 30,000- the”P Series“-which is seen as one of the two premium options and with a price range that exceeds $ 300,000- and the”Mate Series“-which is also the premium range with prices over $ 300,000-.
Finally we find Xiaomi, another Chinese company that seeks to strongly enter the Argentine market and even considered installing its own assembly line in the country.
“Xiaomi has already made the decision to manufacture locally; they are still analyzing the best way to do it“said the general manager of Ethercor, Juan Pablo Baiardi, company chosen as the distributor of the products of the Chinese company to Télam.
As for their models, they are divided into a kind of “sub brands“So it is difficult to differentiate which are the premium from the accessible ones. This is because in Most of the cases are cell phones below the $ 100,000, while you can find the products divided into the range “LITTLE“, the “ME” and the “Note“(the latter is the most important of the three).
Recently, the brand launched the 1L, an entry-level device with an AI-optimized dual camera.
Regarding performance, the team has a 4000 mAh battery, which lasts all day with a single charge and a screen-to-body ratio of 6.22 “HD + Wide Display with mini notch with 87.18%.
At the design level, has radial details with dynamic light reflection inspired by the moving windmill and a pattern of concentric micro circles with grooves.
This equipment costs around $ 19,999.
On the other hand, Alcatel offers mid-range terminals, such as the Alcatel 5H.
It is a $ 30,000 cell phone with a triple camera system, an eight-core processor and 128 GB of storage.
The 5H comes with a 6.52-inch HD + display, with an aspect ratio of 20: 9 and enhanced real-time viewing, all designed to watch movies and series, according to the manufacturer. In addition, it has a Mini-Notch design for selfie camera.
One of the most resistant cell phones of the brand that “shook” the market for its robustness is the Nokia XR20, a smartphone with IP68 protection, MIL-STD 810 certification.
The terminal integrates a red emergency button and one to contact the Google assistant.
At the specifications level it has 6 gigabytes of RAM, internal memory of up to 128 gigabytes and a 4630 mAh battery. In turn, it is equipped with an 8-megapixel front camera.