Cleaning includes various “Health and Fitness” applications!
The security and quality of the options available in the App Store are benefits that Apple constantly highlights from this service. They are even used as flags against the wave of attacks that have lately been focused on their policies. Therefore, frequently the company is aware of verifying apps that pose a risk to the security of users and those that have not been updated for a long time, and this year has achieved a new record.
According to a new report from fraud protection firm Pixalate, Apple removed 439 thousand apps from the App Store in the second quarter of 2022. The figure was similar to that achieved by Google in its Google Play Store. Both represent a significant increase from the 220,000 apps that the two companies removed in the first quarter.
Apple cleans up its App Store
From the extensive list of apps removed from the App Store this quarter, the report highlights some particular features in several of them, as we can see below:
- Manzana deleted 439 thousand applications in the second trimester.
- The figure represents an increase of 8652% compared to the first quarter of 2022.
- The 64% had not received a software update for at least two years or more.
- Raised 100% removal of “Health & Fitness” apps by Apple in the second quarter.
- Nail 19 apps removed in the second quarter of the App Store were linked to a Russian-owned companycalled Sberbank.
Although the verification of the applications accepted in the App Store should be a recurring practice that guarantees the security of the users, until irregularities are detected, several of these have already been downloaded by several users, and for whom they still represent some risk.